Pages

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

My First Time … Ordering Mustard

Know what I don't much care for? Mustard - neither the condiment or the color. So you can imagine my surprise when I saw a recent photo of Blake Lively from fashion week looking gorgeous in a mustard-hue dress. (OK, you're right. She never looks bad. Never ever.)

The image stuck with me (pictured below, left) ... there was something so unexpected about it, yet perfect, and it literally haunted my thoughts for days. Any shade of yellow can be pretty difficult to pull off, and it seems even more so difficult for blondes. But Blake rocked this dress and the only accessory she seemed to pair with it was some red lipstick. Blake blessed me with a new-found color obsession for the fall, and I became determined to try out this shade. (Yellow might be the only color missing from the rainbow that is my closet ... lots of pinks, several blues and purples and greens, even a few reds ... but no yellow of any shade could be found in there.)

So when I saw this shirt go on sale at Loft (amber gold color), I snagged it (pictured below, right). For $15, it really won't hurt too much if the color makes me look like death when I put it on for the first time. If I can pair it with some jeans and my own red lipstick, then I'll call it a spectacular investment.
What's the least common color in your closet, or a shade you're most afraid to wear? 
Ashley

2 comments:

  1. And even if it makes you look like death (as most yellows save for pastel buttery yellow do for me) you can put a flattering colored scarf with it for the save!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, snap! Good call! Your post reminds me of a scarf I already own that would entirely change the concept of just wearing the shirt alone. Thanks, Ginger!!!

      Delete