Pages

Thursday, October 10, 2013

It's Time to Live in the Present

It's funny how "time" and "age" have been on my mind quite a bit recently. Maybe those tiny crevices around my eyes have hit my psyche harder than I'm willing to let myself admit ... 

Anyway, I wouldn't say this topic was on my mind as I was driving home from work late last night, but something happened that again brought it to the forefront of my thoughts: my sister sent me my nephew's 18-month pictures.

My internal monologue went something like this: "Eighteen months? No. Way. That doesn't seem right. Let's see ... he was born April 1, 2012, so that means ... OMG ... crap ... he's actually 18-months-old."

Sure, I joke about time flying by nearly every Friday in my #H54F posts, but let's all be real - time is flying by at an alarming rate. It never goes backwards, and we're never going to get yesterday, or last week or a month ago back. It's time for me to check myself before I wreck myself - I have to live in the present more.

What advice do you have to "remain present" in your lives? I've been trying to let work consume me less, and I'm doing my best to capitalize on time spent with Mr. Cush and Riley.

Let's end this post with some pictures of Brady, the most precious nephew in the history of the world. (No offense to any other nephews out there, but this is my blog and I can say what I want!)
Brady: 18-month-old pics courtesy of his momma, Brittany, and the photography pros at J.C. Penney.
Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment