Pages

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

My Grandma's Earlobes

The nose I see in the reflection of the mirror is my Grandma Mary's. The knuckles that I look down at on both of my hands are identical to hers, too. And the fiery burn I feel in my earlobes when I wear cheap earrings can most definitely be attributed to my grandma's DNA.

Two items were staples in my grandma's purse - fingernail scissors and earlobe ointment. I don't recall the exact prescription of the ointment, but she used to rub it on her earlobes whenever she'd wear non-plated earrings. Sterling silver, 14k or 24k gold were fine ... but there was always something about cheap metal that irritated her earlobes and required ample application of the ointment.

Over the last few years, I've noticed my earlobes becoming more sensitive, too. Instead of seeking a physician's remedy, I naturally turned to Google to solve this problem. Somewhere in my search, I found this neat-o little trick that I'm now sharing with you ...



Boom. A dab of clear nail polish on the post of the earring and that cheap metal isn't irritating anything.

I hope this little tip brings you as much joy as it has to me.

Have a great Tuesday, PBT readers!
Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment