Pages

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

If I Could Look Into a Crystal Ball ...

A funny thing happened yesterday ... I was visiting with a former student-athlete, and she asked if Mr. Cush and I were going to have babies soon. I was a bit taken back, but I answered her honestly and said "someday."

Up until the last year or so, we weren't sure. I think we've always leaned more towards yes than no, but now we're definitely in the "yes" column. I truly can't tell you when (we haven't really set a deadline or anything), but I'd like to think it will be in the next few years. 

As the conversation progressed, this young woman blurted out, "you'll be an awesome mom!" I think my coworker next to me spit out his coffee in utter surprise of the comment, and my eyes probably popped out of my head a bit. Either way, it was a vote of confidence for someone to say that about me and to my face. It was the first time I ever heard that, or found out that someone even thought of me that way, and it was a very wonderful feeling.

I've never given much thought (yet) to the kind of mother I'll be. Instead, I have given thought to the type of father Mr. Cush will be someday down the road, and I've snagged a few pics off of the internet to best show you ...
Yep. I can definitely see this in the future. He always finds ways to compromise in every imaginable situation. 

This isn't even up for debate. If our kids wants access to his Wifi network, they're going to have to earn. Thankfully, this doesn't apply to the wife!!!

And finally ...
This will be the father of my children, folks. Mark my words. 
So there you have it. If I could look into a crystal ball and see the future, I'm pretty sure these would be some of the reflections. 

No comments:

Post a Comment