Pages

Monday, September 30, 2013

September Favorites

In the most cliche blog post ever (a 'monthly favorites' post), let me take a few moments to write about my favorite items during the month that has been September 2013.




1) The Balm's Mary-Lou Manizer: Although I switched to Glossybox quite some time ago, I still have several items left over from my days as a Birchbox subscriber. While I was going through those items, I stumbled across this sample and fell in love with it immediately upon the first use. Just a teeny, tiny bit of this goes a long way, but it's the perfect highlighter for my fair skin. I have applied this with both my fingers and brushes, and both work fine. (PS - Another reason to love fall? It's not as humid, so our skin isn't as shiny and we can actually use highlighters for that desirable dewy look!)

2) Data Usage app: Due to some policy changes at work, I had to turn my cell phone into a personal account. I was a bit apprehensive about which data plan to use, and the AT&T customer service rep suggested downloading this app to track my usage and make sure I don't go over my limits. It's a free app, and a great way to keep your cellular data usage in check.

3) John Frieda Full Repair Flyaway Tamer: You can read my post about this here. I love this stuff and use it daily. I hope John Frieda never quits making it.

4) Fuchsia Stone Stretch Bracelet Bunch bracelets: These spoke to me during a recent visit at Ann Taylor Loft. I went in to return some mail order items, and these were near the checkout and marked down to $12.99. On top of that, they were an additional 60% off. Score!

5) Phillip Lim for Target purse: I've received so many compliments on this bag. It's great for fall, and large enough to serve as both a purse and travel bag for my many work trips this time of year. IIRC, it was $54.99. Unfortunately, Target has sold out of these, but if you really want one of your own, you can track these down on eBay for anywhere from $70-100.
Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment