Pages

Monday, October 21, 2013

Pinterest Envy

It's no secret that I'm not exactly a domestic goddess ... I hate cooking, I especially hate cleaning, and according to Pinterest, I don't do an adequate job of decorating Casa de Cushman for the various seasons.

It's not that I don't want to decorate our home - it's mostly that I'm not really home enough this time of the year to enjoy any decorations, and we don't have tons of family or friends visiting us that could enjoy the seasonal decor.

So I opt out of decorating for fall/Easter/Fourth of July/etc.

A lot of people accuse Pinterest of creating "mommy competition." If mommies aren't throwing their children Pinterest-worthy birthday parties and such, they feel as though their children are missing something.

Truth be told, I'll probably delete my Pinterest account when Mr. Cush and I have children - I won't be able to handle that kind of guilt. I mean, if the following pictures give me extreme guilt over lack of seasonal home decor, how could I be expected to survive Pinterest birthday party guilt?!

Do you ever experience Pinterest envy? How do you cope?
Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment