Pages

Monday, October 28, 2013

Found: The Perfect Makeup Bag

Let's take a quick trip down Memory Lane ...

Do you remember Caboodles, the brightly-colored plastic makeup cases from the 1980s and 1990s? 


I remember Mommabear had a huge peach colored one she used to store all of her makeup and beauty products. My Grandma had a seafoam green one. Both of their Caboodles had the gold ID tags near the handle that were engraved with their names. These makeup cases are likely where my obsession with makeup bags originated. 

Since my teen years when I began collecting makeup items, I've also gone through approximately 1,478,135 bags and cases. Decades later, my collection has finally led me to The Perfect Makeup Bag ...
Sonia Kashuk® Limited Edition Completely Organized Grande Cosmetic Bag
It should come as no surprise that I found this during a Target adventure a month or so ago. Due to an unfortunate eyeshadow blowout in my former makeup bag that left a nasty residue all over the lining, I was in the market for a new bag.

I'm pretty certain I heard angels singing as soon as I picked this up. It's a great size - not too big and not too small - and has TONS of compartments inside of it for organization (similar to the way Vera Bradley bags have sewn-in compartments). There's also a zippered compartment on the front to separate smaller items from the larger compartment, and unzippered pockets on the front and back.

The bag is large enough to store a few makeup palettes that were too large for its predecessor, and I can even fit my contact cleaning solution in it. 

Anyway, I just wanted to share this magical bag with all of you PBT readers. If you find yourself in need of a new makeup bag, give this one a try.

Hope everyone is having a great Monday!!!
Ashley

4 comments:

  1. Hi Ashley! I'm Heather and I was hoping you could answer my question about your blog whenever you get a free moment! My email is Lifesabanquet1(at)gmail(dot)com :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. But seriously, 1,478,135 bags is probably not an overstatement.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also loved my Caboodle. In fact, I loved it so much, that a few years ago I had something embroidered for McKenna and the name of the font was called Caboodle. Just the mention took me back, and I wondered if they still sell them. They do! I ran right out and picked one up at Target. A few weeks later when I was packing it up for a trip to Zack's parent's, he told me to "have fun at cheer camp". Guilty. I have since passed it on to McKenna to hold all of her hairbrushes and bows, but I secretly still wish it were mine!

    ReplyDelete