Pages

Friday, November 1, 2013

High Five For Friday #H54F

I'm back! Sorry for the lack of posting yesterday. I'm letting you decide if I was silently protesting Halloween, or if my self-diagnosed World Series depression was still raging. 

(Truth be told, Wednesday was jam-packed and I simply didn't have time to get anything together for yesterday's post.)

Anyway, I'm back today and it's time to wrap up the week with five highlights. Ready? Here they are ...
Link up at thelaurenelizabeth.com
1) I'm late to another party, but "Parks and Recreation" has got to be the funniest show on television right now. Mr. Cush and I have binge watched *literally* every episode. If you have Netflix, be sure to check this out.

2) I had big plans for a Halloween blog yesterday (which obviously didn't happen, as mentioned above), and Mommabear sent me some pictures of past Halloweens for my post. Mommabear and my grandma took Halloween costumes very seriously and no details were ever spared. Brittany, Cassie and I made an impressive trio of clowns circa 1988.

3) My beloved Cardinals made it to the World Series and they were supposed to win game six Wednesday night. Unfortunately, that didn't happen. As much as I dislike the Red Sox, I maintain that I'm happy for any team that wins a championship following a tragic event in their city. I hope the World Series crown helps the city of Boston heal from the Marathon tragedy. #BostonStrong

4) New favorite breakfast now that it's getting a little cooler outside - oatmeal, banana and a sprinkle of the same cinnamon/sugar concoction Mr. Cush and I use to rim our pumpkin beer glasses. *Literally* the best breakfast ever. (*Literally* is something Rob Lowe's character says all of the time in Parks and Rec ... "It's a Parks and Rec thing, you wouldn't understand.")

5) Cocoa Butter - all of my travels and the changing weather have dried out my skin. This is a fantastic moisturizer that can be used on lips/cuticles/dry patches/etc. For about $2, you get a huge tube and it lasts forever. *Literally* the best chapstick ever.

Hope y'all have a wonderful weekend! I'll be back Monday with a new twist to my monthly favorites post!
Ashley

4 comments:

  1. The costume picture is funny! Hope you have a great weekend. Found ya on Lauren's blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You LIT-erally did not have time to post anything yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That cinnamon sugar concoction looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have yet to see Parks and Recreation, but I know a lot of people who liked The Office also liked that show, so since I loved The Office I figure I should try Parks and Rec one of these days...

    ReplyDelete