Pages

Monday, November 18, 2013

YouTube Wedding Videos

Few things make me smile at my computer screen as much as wedding videos on YouTube. I'm not talking about the 'wedding day recap' videos that show the bride eating breakfast, getting glammed, seeing the groom for the first time, ceremony and reception videos ... I'm talking about all-out dance fest videos from the reception.

The other morning while I was getting ready for work, the folks on Today were discussing a bride and groom that recently reenacted the finale of "Dirty Dancing" to conclude their reception. Everything was perfect - from the groom's outfit to "the lift." It was good. I've linked to it here so you can see for yourself. I smiled.

However, my all-time favorite YouTube video still remains "JK Wedding Entrance Dance." It's hard to believe this video is four years old now (and it has more than 80 million views!), but every time I watch it, the same thought immediately comes to mind: WHY DIDN'T MR. CUSH AND I DO THIS?!?!? We had a wedding party that definitely would've participated (the only person questionable would be my father, but I'm sure we could've talked him into it), and it would've been so. much. fun. (Plus, "The Office" made a parody of it when Jim and Pam were married ... so you know it's entertaining.)
To brighten your Monday, why don't you watch these two videos when you get a chance? I'm 97.8 percent sure a smile will creep up on 57.3 percent of PBT readers.
Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment