Pages

Friday, August 30, 2013

High Five For Friday #H54F

Aloha friends!

Let's break down what's been the last week of August 2013 ...

Link up at thelaurenelizabeth.com
1) I'm in Hawaii for a work trip ... Honolulu, to be precise. It doesn't suck.

2) One of my best friends, Thomas (lettingthedogsout.blogspot.com), is an avid postcard sender. Since he moved from Austin last summer, he's been very diligent about sending me postcards from wherever he's visited. I try to send him postcards in return from my trips, but I've forgotten more than once. I've tried to make up for it this week, and I even sent him a very delayed postcard from my trip to Philadelphia in June from Honolulu. Who doesn't love receiving postcards???

3) Inferno, the latest book from Dan Brown (yes, author of The DaVinci Code and Angels & Demons), is on my iPad and it's a real page turner! SIDENOTE: Isn't it weird reading a book when you know which actor will play the main character? My mind visualizes everything in Tom Hanks' voice and demeanor. 

4) Hand Food lotion. Airplanes majorly dry out my hands, and this stuff is the perfect remedy. I always have a tube of it in my backpack (my 'boring bag') and another in my cosmetics bag. This lotion is great - easily absorbs, makes my hands feel silky smooth and my cuticles have NEVER looked better!!! It really makes my nails look like they've just had a manicure. You can pick a sample-size tube up at Sephora for $5 and it will last FOREVER. Do it.

5) Macadamia nuts. I love nuts. Macadamia nuts are my favorite. I really need to make sure the USADA doesn't have a limit on how many I can bring back to the mainland. Honestly, I might even apply for a job at Roseanne Barr's 50-acre macadamia nut farm and never return home ... praying I have the proper skill set to be a potential employee ...
Ashley

6 comments:

  1. I really need to try that lotion!
    Stopping by from HF4F linkup!
    Come link up with us today!
    http://thediaryofarealhousewife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jennie! I've linked up! Thanks for introducing me to another new blog!

      Delete
  2. Hawaii for a work trip?!?! that sounds amazing!!

    dan brown is a pretty good author but I haven't read him in a while.

    great blog!

    happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Victoria! It's definitely not a bad place to be on behalf of my job ... now if only every location was as tropical, life would be excellent!!!

      Delete
  3. I should get some of that hand stuff... I am going on a plane in a week, and airplanes definitely dry me out! Plus I can't take my jar of coconut with me. Last time I flew I had to use the hotel lotion and it gave me eczema!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes - definitely give this lotion a try! I think it's pretty awesome, and it's not a bad investment for just $5! Let me know what you think of it!

      Delete