Pages

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Glossybox

A few years ago, a new craze swept the internet … monthly home-delivery beauty boxes. Suddenly, everyone was talking about Birchbox and Ipsy and Glossybox. It didn't take more than a few seconds for me to signup for what was arguably the most talked about box, Birchbox

The idea behind these boxes is genius. The subscriber fills out a profile that matches your skin type, hair type, etc., with a box that will most suit your tastes. (Birchbox has several different boxes for each month, and the one you receive is based on your profile.) It's entirely possible that I hit a few wrong buttons when I submitted my profile because I never received a single box that absolutely blew me away. For $10 per month, I felt like I was getting the 'leftovers.' In fact, I even theorized that high-traffic bloggers were receiving specialty boxes because the ones they'd rave and fawn over never even slightly resembled my own box.

After about a year of this, I broke up with Birchbox. A girl can only receive so many Juicy Couture perfume samples before she's had enough, ya know?

Desperate for another (better) box, I stumbled upon Glossybox through a few reviews by lesser-known beauty bloggers. This box basically doubled in price, but the contents seemed  to double in quality, too. For $21 each month, Glossybox promises the subscriber 'five surprise luxury beauty products.' After almost a year of service, I can honestly say that I've never been disappointed by a single Glossybox and that even the worst day can be instantaneously turned around when I find my Glossybox in the mail box.

Here's a look at my September Glossybox, which is a $69.49 total value and full of goodies that I can't wait to try!


My five items included everything pictured above except the eyeshadow and Airelle Repair Complex.
Novex Brazilian Keratin Hair Care Treatment Cream ($4.99, full size)
Jelly Pong Pong Lip Blush ($18.00, full size)
Triple C-Weed Pressed Powder ($28.00, full size)
Anatomicals Spray Mist For Me Facial Spritz ($9.00, full size)
Pandora's Makeup Box Nail Polish ($9.50, full size)
A Super-sweet Guess? Jeans Cosmetics Pouch (this awesomeness is invaluable) 

Do you subscribe to any monthly services that you'd recommend? Let me know in the comments below!

Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment