Pages

Thursday, September 12, 2013

Where the Heart Is

By the time this post hits the blogoshpere, I'll be on my way to the Austin airport for an early-morning flight to ... Champaign, Ill. 

Necklace by jomariejewelry.
They say 'home is where the heart is,' and mine is certainly within the proximity of Champaign. My hometown in southeastern Illinois is just a few hours away, and Mommabear and Ol' Rodney will be meeting there while I'm close to home for work. In fact, Mommabear is going to zoom up to Champaign Thursday morning to meet me upon arrival. If you know Mommabear, you know there's always a journey-within-a-journey ... after she gets me strapped in the front seat of whatever vehicle she's driving this week, we're off to Peoria to meet my youngest sister. 

More importantly than seeing her, though, is I'll get to meet my newest niece for the first time. Emme was born early this summer and I'm excited to see her while she's only a few months old! Emme's older sister, Violet, is about one-and-a-half now, and I'm looking forward to seeing how her personality has developed since the last time I saw her in March.

Be sure to follow me on Instagram for adorable baby girl pictures! And probably pictures of cornfields ... because there's lot of those in Illinois, too.

Happy Thursday everyone
Ashley

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad Erin got to meet up with all of you! I haven't talked with her but i'm sure you all had a great time as usual!

    ReplyDelete