Pages

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Storage Wars

No, this is not my personal review of a show I've never seen on A&E. Instead, it's a post about the never-ending struggle to create more storage space in one's home.

As a self-diagnosed product junkie, I'm constantly battling my bathroom cabinets for both organization and capacity. According to Mr. Cush, we're at "maximum capacity." According to me, there's always room for "just one more thing."

Enter this hinge-mounted door storage that came into my life recently ...
L to R: Mirrored outer door, inside of unit
Mr. Cush installed this on the door to our master closet that is connected to our master bathroom. The shelves are adjustable, and several more were included that I can add at any time. There's a magnet at the top of the unit that securely holds it in place and connects to the back of the closet door. Overall, it's slim enough (maybe about 4-5 inches from mirror to door) to be discreet and quite non-invasive in our shared walk-in. 

And for more storage in our closet, Mr. Cush added an extra rack to the area above the closet door after I saw something similar at my sister's home last fall. I've included a picture of it below to help you visualize it ... and a picture of our light fixture that really classed-up the entire room, too!
L: Because why WOULDN'T you need a mini chandelier in your closet??? 
How have you created extra storage in your home? Let me know in the comments below because I'm always looking for new ideas!!! (More storage = more fun stuff!)
Ashley

2 comments:

  1. What an awesome storage idea - thanks for posting! I hope it's available in Canadian Costco stores!

    For me, I am starting with smaller spaces to maximize space, then moving onto the larger areas. Here's what I did to organize under my bathroom sink, http://everydaywithlisa.blogspot.ca/2013/11/organizing-under-your-bathroom-sink.html

    I'm always looking for ways to organize spaces and I think I'll definitely be looking into the mounted unit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a great post, what you said is really helpful to me. I agree with you anymore. Also great blog here with all of the valuable information you have. Keep up the good work you are doing here. Thank you for sharing such a useful post.

    ReplyDelete