Pages

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Chicken & Asparagus Penne

There is very little in life that excites me more than finding a fabulous recipe that's five ingredients or less. If you've followed PBT at all, you probably know that about me by now.

Last week while perusing Pinterest during my holiday staycation (<- slang for a vacation spent staying home), I stumbled upon a delicious-sounding Chicken & Asparagus Penne recipe. I couldn't resist trying it, and I couldn't resist sharing it with y'all when Mr. Cush sent me a text yesterday after eating leftovers for lunch that read, "we need to do the asparagus, chicken pasta thing again." (<- Mr. Cush is a leftover connouissuier, so he knows what's up in this department. Trust him.)
Mr. Cush added some Italian seasoning - feel free to improvise as you wish with spices!
Ingredients
1 lb steamed asparagus
12 oz cooked Smart Taste penne
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 lb cubed and cooked chicken breast
1/2 cup shaved Parmesan (shredded would also work)

Instructions
1. Add all ingredients into a 9x13 pan and stir to combine
2. Top with cheese and broil for five minutes or until cheese is golden

Also for your enjoyment, I reorganized my Pinterest boards while staycationing and moved several of my favorite and PBT-approved recipes to a specially-dedicated "Five or Less Ingredients" board for your enjoyment (my enjoyment, too).

Bon appétit!!!
Ashley

1 comment: