Pages

Friday, January 10, 2014

High Five for Friday #H54F

It's my first High Five for Friday post of 2014! Cheers to the weekend and to me (finally) resuming blogging!!!
Link up at thelaurenelizabeth.com
1) I attempted "pattern mixing" earlier this week and felt like I let a 3-year-old dress me at the beginning of the day. Surprisingly, my ensemble received decent reviews. The necklace in the picture, however, received rave reviews. I'll have a blog about where you can purchase the flower necklace in the picture above early next week - the "store" and cost will probably surprise you!

2) Snapchat - I finally caved in to the world of Snapchat. It's like picture texting, but the "text" goes away in a few seconds. It's perfect for when I'm sending Mommabear a make-up free selfie that she can't save and blackmail me with down the road. 

3) This mask was included in a Glossybox a few months ago and I finally tried it out Sunday afternoon when I noticed my skin was exceptionally dry from the "polar vortex." It did the trick, but I can't say I'd ever order one. That fine print at the bottom that you might not be able to read is "cell renew snail hydro-gel mask." The mask didn't have an escargot scent or anything, but it still felt weird knowing I was soaking my face in snail gel.

4) #thelettucelife struggle is already real. I'm certain there will be many days ahead when Thomas and I try to bail on our salad resolutions, but hopefully we'll continue to hold each other accountable. 

5) Urban Decay's Naked 3 palette - it's awesome. If you've never heard of these, they are eyeshadow palettes (12 shades in each) made by Urban Decay and are available at UrbanDecay.com, Sephora, ULTA, etc. There are three palettes in the series, and this third one came out in December. I purchased the first palette, too, which is warm, golden shadows (have had it for at least a year, if not longer). The second one never quite appealed to me - cooler, taupe-y shadows - and I passed on it, but Naked 3 is full of rose gold shadows that I needed to purchase. 

That sums up five of my most memorable moments from the week. I'm excited to see what the next 50 weeks of 2014 have in store!!!
Ashley

1 comment: