Pages

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Golden Globes Observations

It's no secret that one of my favorite evenings of the year is always Golden Globes night.  

It's a simple equation ...

Hollywood awards + boozed up celebrities = Ashley's idea of heaven

In addition to critiquing everyone's gown like it's my job, I also love seeing the various makeup looks the stylists choose for their clients. Most are usually very timeless looks, but occasionally I'll luck out and an executive producer or composer or two will treat their face like an Easter egg and that's always a lot of fun to take in.

One of the biggest trends I began to notice Sunday evening during the red carpet shows was the nude lip many of the blonde celebrities went with:
Reese - nude lip. Naomi - nude lip. Margot (The Wolf of Wall Street) - nude lip. My fantasy BFF Amy - nude lip.

In a matter of moments, No. 8 on my list of resolutions for 2014 was destroyed.

But, leave it to the impeccable Cate Blanchett to save my resolution and keep the hopes and dreams of bold lipsticks on blondes alive ...



And if Cate alone wasn't enough to convince me that a bold lip is still a trend (I honestly don't know sometimes if I'm two years early or two years late ... my 30s have thrown my trend-ar off kilter), America's reigning sweethearts proved it's still far from a fashion faux pa ...
Let's mentally revisit the best night of 2014 (so far) ... what were some of your favorite moments from the awards show? 
Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment