Pages

Monday, December 9, 2013

"Tease" the Season


Three things Texas is known for: cowboy boots, football and big, teased, voluminous hair. Although Mr. Cush and I moved to Tejas more than five years ago, it only took us about four days to learn that the first sentence above isn't a stereotype - it's the honest-to-goodness truth. Neither of us have succumbed to purchasing cowboy boots (those suckers are expensive!), and the football scene is basically part of our lives due to my profession. And since Mr. Cush isn't quite into teasing his hair, I'll have to vouch for that myself.

It's not necessarily that moving to Texas led me to adding volume at my crown - it's probably more due to fact that I've been trying to grow my hair longer and the extra length weighs it down. To combat that, I've found a mini arsenal of everyday products and items to give the top section of my hair extra body that even true Texans would be proud of:



1) Oscar Blandi Hair Lift Mousse - apply to damp roots before blow drying. Works especially well if you're limber enough to blow dry while bent over at the waist.

2) Big Sexy Hair Powder Play - the name says it all. Once hair is dried and styled, lift sections of the hair near the crown and lightly sprinkle this at your roots. Once applied, "rub" it in the create extra volume. ***Warning - I remember Mommabear using this once and not liking it. It does make your hair feel slightly "sticky," but I don't mind it too much since I use several products a day and never have truly "clean" styled hair like she does. Also, it comes out as a white powder, but turns translucent once "rubbed" in.

3) Teasing brushes - a great tool for making sure your volume lasts all day. Not sure how to tease? Watch this video for a quick lesson.

4) Bed Head Masterpiece Massive Shine Hairspray - once you've styled all that volume, you want something to keep it in place all day, right? This hairspray offers plenty of hold while adding shine, too. Not to mention, the pineapple scent alone is enough to make this a must-have product.

Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment