Pages

Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Happy Hoooooooo-lidays!

What is it about the holidays that makes us say 'yes' to more and more each year? I'm trying to juggle everything Christmas related for Mr. Cush and I while preparing for a work trip to Nebraska and another possible trip to Seattle next week. There's a real possibility that I'm only in Austin two more days between now and when we finally head home for the holidays, and those days could be monstrously tied up with work if that's the case. So the last few days have been like studying for final exams - cramming a lot into very little time!!!

In addition to the gifts and the wrapping and the holidays cards and whatnot, I'm also participating in an "Owl Exchange" with sorority sisters across the country. Last year, a Chi Omega sister arranged an ornament swap via a Facebook group and I found out about it around January. (I guess now's a good time to point out that one of our symbols is the owl.) Needless to say, I quickly joined the group upon invite and have eagerly awaited my "owl pal" for most of the year. I received her name and address a few weeks ago and I'm quite excited to put this little guy in the mail to her today ...


I stumbled upon this ornament at Pier 1 and knew it was the one I wanted to send. It's colorful and happy looking - two of the best qualities an ornament can possess!

Sure, this whole anonymous swap has been one more thing added to my plate this week, but it's really helped me get into the holiday spirit.

From me and my owl ornament pictured above, happy hoooooooooo-lidays everyone!!!
Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment